Thursday, October 4, 2007

Killer

I would just like to mention that I have become very, very good at killing mosquitoes.

I just batted one out of the air with a water bottle. I spotted it walking down the stairs. I hit it out of the air and stepped on it on the ground.

I have killed others in the garden and fed them to the fish in the pond.

I have killed others while they made attempts on the limbs of my friends. I have also crushed them in midair, and onto tables, much to my dismay for the grossness that follows that.

Others complain of mosquito bites. I exhort constant vigilance.

In other news, I will not be bringing my computer to Sicily. This means that from after this post until maybe Sunday, I will be more or less absent.

The real inconvenience, though, is that I won't have anywhere to download photos off my camera. Which means I have only three hundred and eight photos for a whole week in Sicily. Crap.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm so glad you are learning new skills......travel does make one so well rounded, don't you think???

Aunt Clara said...

Hey Emmie,
It's Aunt Clara from Crowley. I've been in Oma's "big house" for 6 months now...and in Louisiana for 4 years...I can tell you about mosquitos kiddo...it's our state bird remember?!..Only teasing....but this very evening I got bit on my hand...and it swelled up to about a dime sized welt...they're not only big out here, but mean. And as far as killing them (AND FLYS)it must be a family trait. I get sort of fixated until they are DEAD.When they're in my bedroom or office at work they've gotta go down, or I'm not a happy camper. Anyway,
I want to tell you how much I've enjoyed the blog...and the pictures especially.
Keep writing young one !
Auntie Clara
or is it "Tante" Clara